At No.1 Fairham Gin we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. As a company and as business owners we shop online so we understand how important privacy is.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how it will be treated and if you have any questions, please just ask.
This policy is effective and updated as of January 2021.
1. About us
2. Changes to this policy
We are only able to process refunds on any items that are faulty or damaged and won’t accept any bottles back that are opened and used. Items are sold as seen and are standard to product descriptions listed by us on our website. As we are a small company, all of our No.1 Fairham Gin bottle labels are applied by hand so there may be some discrepancies from bottle to bottle. Please bear this in mind before applying for a refund as this will be dealt with on a case by case basis where we have the right to reject your refund based on this. We will always do our best to find an outcome in any situation so please be respectful when applying for a refund. If you do wish to request a refund then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org via email with a full description including any images if necessary. Finally, we withhold the right to reject and/or immediately refund any order for our own reasoning.
4. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.no1fairhamgin.com (“the Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, purchasing any products, posting material on the Website, signing up to newsletters or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- If you purchase products from us, we may retain details of your delivery address, password and/or information associated with your account. We also maintain a record of your product selections and the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you write to us by post or email or post on our blog and social media sites, records may be kept of that correspondence.
- If you correspond with us by telephone or web chat, written records of that conversation may be kept.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, and details of the resources that you access may be kept on record.
- We do not knowingly collect information from customers under the age of 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from anyone under the age of 18 we will delete it immediately.
5. COVID-19 and How This May Affect Your Order
We are aware of the disruption that COVID-19 has made to shipping, and as such would like to make you aware of this. We ship our orders via Royal Mail, and therefore have a reliable stream of communication with regards to the progress of your delivery. If your order faces any disruption as a result of delays caused by the pandemic, we will of course contact you at the first instance using the details you provided to keep you up to speed, and aware of your order progress.
6. Managing your marketing preferences
We will never share or sell your data to third parties for marketing purposes.
When you provide your email address to us you may be asked if you would like to opt in to receive marketing communications. We will only send you marketing communications where you have consented to receive them. We will only send you marketing communications via the channel you have consented to (for example post or email).
To ensure that you are still happy to hear from us, if you have not updated your preferences with us for a two year period, we will contact you to remind you that you can opt out at any time.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications you can change this by emailing us at email@example.com or you can update subscription preferences or unsubscribe from via links at the bottom of emails.
We use various marketing tools that help us create a better user experience for people visiting our site. These tools allow us to look at aggregated data such as scrolling patterns, clicks, and allow us to run tests to determine which pages result in the best actions. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any of these tools.
We use remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google and Facebook to present special offers to you for our products or services over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for one of our products or services as a result of visiting our website. In addition, we use custom audiences based on emails and phone numbers of subscribers and customers. This allows us to present special offers for our products and services to you via Facebook and Google. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you special offers from us. We use the following third-party service providers for remarketing:
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Google: Opt-out of Google remarketing here
We use Mailchimp as our email service provider. Through Mailchimp, we collect contact information, distribute our newsletter, and track actions you take that assist us in measuring the performance of the website and newsletters. Upon subscription, we also track the pages you visit on the website. If you become a customer, information about the products you purchase is passed to Mailchimp so we can better our customer user experience.
10. Social Media
At No.1 Fairham Gin we are always looking to keep an active relationship with our customers. From time-to-time we will use user generated content (UGC) across our social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, which we will always ask for permission to use before posting on our accounts. All of our social media posts will also be visible on our website so when you agree to No.1 Fairham Gin using your content then you are giving us the right to publish this across our channels. We are not responsible if your content is used by third party users as a result of our post. By agreeing to the use of your social media content you are also giving us the right to use this across newsletters, print material and other marketing activities. As a precaution, we will always contact the user before using their content outside of social media or our website.
By making such a Submission, you acknowledge and represent that:
- you are the copyright owner of such UGC, or you have been granted the express permission of the copyright owner to make the Submission;
- you have or have been granted the rights necessary to grant us the licences detailed below; and
- that, if applicable, each person depicted in any Submission has provided you with their express consent to use the Submission as envisaged in these Terms.
As we are always looking for ways to improve, please feel free to email us any feedback about the products you have received from us. You may unsubscribe from these emails using the link at the bottom of the email. You can also reach out to use or leave a review on social media and through various platforms such as Trustpilot and Google.
12. How long we store your data
We are committed to keeping your personal information only for as long as is necessary. Where we no longer require information to be in a format where you can be identified personally, we will remove any personal details and store the data anonymously.
For purchases made on our website we will store your information for a period of 2 years from your last order or login to assist us with our unlimited returns policy. After this time you will need to show us proof of purchase. If you wish to use your account after it has been deleted you will need to create a new account.
13. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Your IP address may also be passed to a third party company to assist us with the prevention and detection of fraudulent orders.
14. Where your personal data is stored
We may store and process any of your personal data both inside and outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
15. How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process and fulfil your orders.
- To ensure that content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Website.
16. To notify you about changes to the Website or products.
We may also use information held about you to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we assume may interest you. This may include contacting you by email if you have consented to such communication. You may unsubscribe from future emails using the instructions provided in each message.
17. Your rights
You have certain rights given to you by law, that mean you have control over your personal data that we process:
- Access to your personal data – this right allows you to confirm that your personal data is being processed and to allow you to check if the processing is lawful.
- Correcting any mistakes – this allows you to instruct us to rectify any mistakes.
- Right to be forgotten – you have the right to instruct us to erase your personal data.
- Stop processing – you have the right to request we stop processing your personal data.
- Moving data – You have the right to ask us to transfer your data from one organisation to another under certain circumstances.
- Right to object to direct marketing – you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Object to profiling – You are able to object to profiling and/or automatic decision making under certain circumstances.
Should you wish to know more about what information we hold about you including making changes to, or requesting the deletion of information that we hold about you, you are entitled by law to make a subject access request. You can make this request by email, post or phone. We will reply within one month from the day after we receive your request, unless this day is a weekend or bank holiday, in which case it will be the next working day.
Please note we may need to exclude certain information as part of your request, if we are permitted to do so for legal or other reasons.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): If you are not happy with an aspect of how we are processing your data, you can lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority. See https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for details.
Please do contact us before speaking to the ICO if you wish to exercise any of your rights or if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data.
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and for supporting our small business. We hope you had a great experience and will return as a customer to No.1 Fairham Gin in the future.